Red Line Synthetic Oil’s Suggestions for 4×4 Owners During This Stay-At-Home Period:
Red Line Synthetic Oil Provides Helpful Tips and Tricks for Off-Road Enthusiasts
Benicia, Calif. (April 21, 2020) – By doing their part and staying home, many off-road enthusiasts have some extra time in the garage to tune up their vehicles. There’s always a maintenance project or upgrade to install, and the experts at Red Line Synthetic Oil, a leader in the performance lubricants industry, are here to offer some tips and tricks to get your off-road rig prepared for the trails ahead.
Customers who are new to off-roading often ask the Red Line experts how to make to their OEM vehicles more proficient on the trails and in crawling situations. Red Line’s resident product and off-road expert, Kyle Neal, has listed out some common modifications and important areas for improvement.
- Wheels/Tires: Wider wheels with all-terrain tires are typically one of the most common initial upgrades. A properly selected wheel and tire combination can increase ground clearance and provide more surface for grip. Tire pressures are also a key factor depending on the specific terrain and application.
- Lights: Lights are often the second modification made on off-road focused vehicles due to their aesthetics and relatively affordable price point. Good lighting serves a number of essential purposes. Not only do they provide increased visibility if you happen to find yourself driving on a trail in low light conditions, but they make for a fantastic light source while working on another vehicle at night. Consider underbody “rock lights” so you can see ground hazards even when the headlights are pointed upward.
- Bumpers: Another aesthetically pleasing modification, bumpers can also provide additional tire and general ground clearance while acting as heavy-duty mounting points for lights, winches, spare tire carriers, etc.
- Drivetrain Upgrades: Locking differentials for front and/or rear axles are a common upgrade that help drivers crawl over obstacles by ensuring power is delivered to the wheels that need it most in a given situation. Additionally, larger tires hamper performance because they lower a vehicle’s overall final drive ratio. Changing to shorter, more aggressive gearing can help counteract this problem. Throughout these modifications, it’s essential to use the proper lubricants to keep your rig running smoothly. Red Line offers viscosities and formulations for hundreds of applications, and the company’s experts are available to ensure customers order the correct products.
- Brakes: At a minimum, brakes should be regularly serviced to prevent failure on the trail. Many off-roaders choose upgraded aftermarket brake kits and parts for additional stopping power to supplement the added weight from supplies and equipment. Whichever route off-roaders choose, it’s important to check your brake fluid levels before embarking on an off-road adventure. Red Line’s RL-600 Brake Fluid is engineered to maintain viscosity, lubricity and compressibility at extreme temperatures, both high and low. Fresh brake fluid helps to guarantee braking systems perform to the best of their ability and handle emergency situations with ease.
- Cooling Systems: In order to keep your engine performing at its peak and to avoid failures on the trail, engine temperatures need to be kept in-check. Installing the correct radiators and fans for specific applications is crucial in preventing overheating issues on the trails in summer heat or extreme climbing conditions. In addition to ensuring the proper hardware is installed, off-roaders can use Red Line’s WaterWetter coolant additive to further reduce temperatures. It is specifically designed to lower coolant temperatures by as much as 20 degrees Fahrenheit, while simultaneously protecting against harmful rust and corrosion. Simply wait for your vehicle to cool down, remove the radiator or expansion tank cap and pour in the appropriate amount.
In addition to the above areas, standard maintenance cannot be ignored. Using the correct oil and changing it at set intervals is an important step in minimizing failures that may leave off-roaders stranded out on the trail. Red Line’s High-Performance line comes in 16 different viscosities including diesel-specific versions, allowing consumers the ability to use the correct oil for the conditions. Additionally, synthetic motor oils are more likely to maintain their viscosity in extreme temperatures and offer superior protection.Red Line’s oil products offer excellent wear protection and friction reduction across a wide range of operating conditions.
For off-roaders looking for an quick and easy way to ensure their fueling system is performing at its best, Red Line’s SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner works to remove harmful deposits while preventing new ones from forming in injectors, carburetors, valves and combustion chambers. The product cleans to nearly 100% efficiency in one treatment and users will only need one bottle per tank for the most effective treatment.
About Red Line Synthetic Oil
In 1979, Red Line Synthetic Oil began creating lubricants for the racing industry. Today, Red Line Synthetic Oil manufactures more than 100 products, including motor oils, gear oils, ATFs, assembly lubes, fuel additives and the popular WaterWetter cooling additive for the automotive, motorcycle, marine and industrial markets. Red Line Synthetic Oil uses extensive knowledge of racing to create high-performance products for track cars and street vehicles. To find a dealer or order online, log on to www.redlineoil.com.