View the 4WD Travel & Adventure Channel for tips on travel, safety, destination four-wheeling and exciting places to take your family four-wheeling—in a sensibly equipped, trail ready Jeep 4WD vehicle!
Jeep 4WD Travel & Overland Adventure! This introduction page opens the outdoor, overland trails and travel section. For 4×4 driving tips and adventures with 4WD expert Moses Ludel and friends,
At the 2015 Moab Easter Jeep Safari, BFGoodrich® Tires, Raceline Wheels and Poison Spyder Customs presented a special run for Jeep JK Wrangler owners. On three levels of trails at Area BFE, suitably renamed “Area BFG” for the event, professional racers and 4×4 off-road instructors helped newcomers and seasoned four-wheelers find their way over the rough stuff. In this HD video, see Jeep JK Wranglers and new ‘wheelers negotiate Strike Ravine!
June 7, 2014—Seasoned Nevada volunteer drivers take the Wheelers for the Wounded guest Vets over the Rubicon Trail. 4×4 masters, the WFTW organizers and other volunteers provide guests with this unique opportunity. In the feature length HD video coverage, join the group on this all-day fun run and a weekend R&R for the veterans. Click here for the details and HD video coverage of this June 2014 event!
In this HD video vlog, Moses Ludel shares an early-March trip into the mountain range southeast of Fernley, Nevada. He films, photographs and talks about wild horses from two small bands. At these elevations in the high desert winter, temperatures drop to the teens overnight, winds blow over the ridgetops at 80-plus mph…See why four generations of the Ludel family value four-wheeling and Nature—and make the outdoors and rural Nevada home…Click here for direct access to this HD video vlog—share this exciting outdoor experience!
This 25-minute HD video captures Warn Industries’ 2013 Moab Jeep Safari Run. The all-day media outing ran the Metal Masher Trail and Widow Maker, two challenging four-wheel drive routes at the Moab Area. See Jeep, Ford Bronco, Toyota truck, buggy and handbuilt 4x4s negotiate the rough trails! Click here for access to the 1080P HD video.
For the 47th Moab Jeep Safari, Bestop brought out its best products and hospitality! On the Bestop Media Run, the group caravanned through the ‘Fins-and-Things’ slickrock. Negotiating steep ascents and descents, the scenic run provided plenty of action. Click here and join us in 1080P HD video on the slickrock at Moab, Utah!
HD Video: Area BFE Run at the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari During the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari week, the folks from Rancho/Dynomax, Bestop and B.F. Goodrich sponsored a trail run through Area BFE. Erik Miller, Shannon Campbell and Brad Lovell brought their Ultra4 buggies, and the rest of the group ranged from an XJ Cherokee to hardcore Jeep 4x4s. Join us on the rocks!
HD Video: Bestop Run at 2012 Moab Jeep Safari Bestop is a industry supplier to Jeep and manufactures a full accessory line. For the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari, Bestop hosted a media run that proved exciting for folks of all ages. Join us on this scenic, and at times challenging, four-wheel drive run!
HD Video: Warn Industries 2012 Moab Jeep Safari Trail Run Warn Industries builds high quality winches. The staff also knows how to have a good time on the rocks at Moab, Utah! During the 2012 Moab Jeep Safari, Warn hosted a trail run for friends and media. Join us on the 4×4 trail in this HD video coverage of that exciting event!
How-to Video: Picking Tools & Spare Parts for the Trail In this HD video, see one Jeep owner’s methods for keeping his CJ-8 Scrambler on the hard trails! There are niche spare parts and specialty tools to consider. See what it takes to be self-reliant on trails like the Rubicon or Fordyce!
Video Features: Two YJ Wranglers Built for Severe Trail Use Two Utah-based brothers built their Jeep YJ Wranglers for hardcore off-pavement use and family recreation. At Moab, they describe the purpose-built design and multi-purpose use of these heavily modified Wranglers.
Warn 2011 Moab Media Run Warn takes the media on a day of hardcore four-wheeling. See top equipment and drivers tackle the rough Moab trails in Jeep 4x4s…30-minutes of action-packed video!
High Rock Canyon Travel Video The B.L.M.’s Black Rock Desert-High Rock Canyon National Conservation Area offers exceptional scenery, a stellar history lesson and excellent family four-wheeling. The trail is accessible with a stock Wrangler, XJ Cherokee or Grand Cherokee…Join us!
Video: Bestop Moab 4WD Trail Run Bestop has played a large role in OEM and aftermarket Jeep equipment. At the 2011 Moab Jeep Safari, Bestop hosted a media trail run and introduced new products. Moses Ludel’s video covers the 4WD run, new Bestop products and interviews with key Bestop staff!
HD Videos: 2012 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event The 2012 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event took place on the Rubicon Trail in early September. 4WD Mechanix Magazine and the 4WD Mechanix Video Network covered the trail run and camp activities in HD video. Interviews with vets and organizers Dan Hiney and Kevin Carey provide insight into the program.
HD Videos: 2011 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event The 2011 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event was an exceptional outing. Three years into the program, the volunteers and vets had a great time on the trail and at camp. In this HD video series, Moses Ludel covers the event weekend.
- HD Video: 2011 WFTW Pre-Run Briefing In this opening HD video by Moses Ludel, event organizer Dan Hiney and other volunteers brief the drivers and veterans about the Rubicon Trail run. Volunteer 4WD owners are about to take these veterans over the notorious Rubicon Trail in the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- 2011 WFTW: Meet the Vets & 4WD Volunteers Meet the veterans and their 4WD volunteer drivers as they tackle the Rubicon Trail in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Join the group as they spend a long and dusty day on the trail, followed by a barbecue dinner, roaring campfire and a live band back at camp…
There are four (4) HD videos at this link/page!
- HD Videos: 2011 WFTW Rubicon Soup Bowl Action The Soup Bowl is a particularly tough section of the Rubicon Trail. In this HD video segment, several volunteer drivers scale the wall with veterans on board. Join the Wheelers for the Wounded at the 2011 Rubicon Super Event in these
two (2) action packed HD videos at this link/page!
- HD Videos: 2011 WFTW at the Little Sluice Box Join the 4WD action at the Little Sluice Box! The 2011 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event takes the ‘Roy & Troy Show’ to year two at the ‘Box’. This time, the 4WD Jeep Wrangler stays on all four wheels. A CJ Jeep 4WD follows, eventually breaking parts on this grueling Rubicon Trail challenge.
There are two (2) HD videos at this link/page!
- HD Video: 2011 WFTW Rubicon Trail Running The Wheelers for the Wounded 2011 Rubicon Super Event delivers the challenges of this notoriously rocky trail. This HD video catches the ‘wheelers giving vets a close-up of the Rubicon’s challenges!
- HD Video: 2011 WFTW End of the Rubicon Trail As the day wound down, the ‘wheelers and vets gathered at the granite bowl exit from the hard trail. Sharing and comparing Rubicon experiences, the 2011 Wheelers for the Wounded were headed back to camp for dinner and an evening of R&R!
- HD Video: 2011 WFTW Evening of R&R Back at the camp after a challenging day on the Rubicon Trail, the 4WD volunteers and vets enjoy a great barbecue meal by the Rockheads and a night of live band entertainment by ‘After Dark’. Join the fun and campfire cameraderie!
- HD Video: 2011 WFTW Organizer Dan Hiney Speaks In this address to the group, Dan Hiney emphasizes the Wheelers for the Wounded’s purpose. Dan thanks vets for freedoms won and applauds the 4WD volunteers. Del Albright speaks, sharing the Blue Ribbon Coalition’s mission. Del also thanks the vets and volunteers.
2010 Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event The Wheelers for the Wounded is a national organization that supports vets with service-connected disabilities and combat wounds. The sole agenda is giving back to vets and showing them a great time in the outdoors—on the best 4WD trails! The 2010 WFTW Rubicon Super Event video series includes Rubicon Trail travel and rockcrawling, interviews with vets and comments from drivers and sponsors! See the extensive 2010 video coverage below.
Note: Click here for the 2011 WFTW Rubicon Super Event coverage in HD video. Click here for the HD video series covering the 2012 WFTW Rubicon Super Event!
- 2010 Wheelers for the Wounded: Part 1 Video The Part 1 video of Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event brings the vehicles onto the trail and introduces some veterans and drivers. Drive the Rubicon Trail with the volunteer drivers and vets!
- 2010 Wheelers for the Wounded: Part 2 Video The Part 2 Video takes viewers deep into the woods on the Rubicon Trail. The trail gets rough and includes some extreme rock crawling—must see Wheelers for the Wounded action at the Little Sluice Box with a Pirate at the wheel and vets on board!
- 2010 Wheelers for the Wounded: Part 3 Video The Part 3 video brings the vets and volunteer 4WD drivers back to camp and an evening of ‘R & R’ with a great meal and letting go! Join the vets and wheelers, hear what they have to say about the Wheelers for the Wounded Rubicon Super Event…An opportunity to play hard and give back!
Whether you enjoy family four-wheeling, adventure destinations, trailering, off-road racing or hardcore rock crawling, 4WD Mechanix© Magazine’s ‘4WD Video Network’ delivers high-definition programming! Open to full-screen, 1080P quality for maximum viewing enjoyment—or for detailed close-up tutorials!
Want to discuss your technical and outdoor interests with like-minded enthusiasts? Check out the 4WD Mechanix ‘Tech and Travel’ Forums! Click here for a guest visit to the forums!