View the 4WD Rock Crawling & Racing Channel’s high definition coverage of rock crawling, Ultra4, LOORS and VORRA racing, hardcore Jeep ‘wheeling and off-road competition!
Larry McRae, President at Poison Spyder Customs and a BFGoodrich® Tires performance team member, attends the Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari each year. From a four-wheeling family, Larry learned desert challenges early on. In this three-part HD video interview at the 2014 Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari , join us as Larry McRae talks about four-wheeling, off-road tires, the TDS event and his #4415 Ultra4 racing Jeep!
Rob MacCachren is an off-road racing legend, hard won through consistent teamwork and top driving skill. In this HD video discussion, Rob shares a unique inside view of his race trucks for the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. Hear Rob talk about equipment needs, team effort and technology required for trucks to win at Pro 4 and Pro 2 racing!
Bryce Menzies is rapidly becoming a racing legend. His #70 Pro 2 race truck competes in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. Within this HD video discussion, Bryce shares insight into the technology, tuning, race team support and sponsors that make Stronghold a top racing team. Our backdrop is the pit area at the 2013 LOORS Race, Wild West Motorsports Park east of Sparks, Nevada!
4WD Mechanix Magazine covered key Ultra4 and VORRA races from 2010-12. Click here for coverage of Brad Falin’s Duramax diesel powered Ultra4 race car at the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers Race! For more racing news, click here.
Racing legend Shannon Campbell, King of the Hammers champion, comes back to Reno, Nevada for the 2011 Stampede Race. In this one-on-one interview with Moses Ludel, Shannon Campbell discusses off-road racing, setting up a winning race car and his history as a formidible competitor! See the three HD videos below:
- HD Video: Shannon Campbell Interview, Part 1 In Part 1 of this three segment interview, Shannon Campbell shares details on off-road racing, Ultra4 competition, race car design and his winning strategy. Join Moses Ludel and Shannon Campbell in this live dialogue before the 2011 Stampede Race.
- HD Video: Shannon Campbell Interview, Part 2 In Part 2 of this three segment interview, Shannon Campbell shares strategies and details of his winning race car. Join Moses Ludel and Shannon Campbell in this live dialogue before the 2011 StampedeRace!
- HD Video: Shannon Campbell Interview, Part 3 In Part 3 of this three segment interview, Shannon Campbell shares strategies and details of his winning race car. Join Moses Ludel and Shannon Campbell in this live dialogue before the 2011 Stampede Race!
This intensive HD video series coverage reveals Ultra4 racing at its best! A qualifier for the King of the Hammers, the Stampede Ultra4 Race now vies with the KOH for challenges. See Shannon Campbell, Jason Scherer, Jesse Haines and JT Taylor battle the roughest rocks and desert Nevada can muster!
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race Technical Inspection New Ultra4 competitors Rob Daly and Brad Falin go through the tech inspection at the 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race. The team from Fernley, Nevada, brings rock crawling and Baja desert racing experience to the challenge.
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race Start View the staging and exciting start of the 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race in full-color HD video coverage!
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race Rock Waterfall The racers come off the initial fast-paced desert stretch and enter the rising canyon. See the bottleneck develop at the rock waterfall as Shannon Campbell’s car stalls.
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race Chaos at the Waterfall Traffic jammed, Shannon Campbell’s car stalled in the narrow canyon, chaos unfolds! In this HD video, see the racers scrambling to get around obstacles and climb the steep rock face in their Ultra4 buggies.
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Racers Crawl Over the Shannon Campbell Car! In this video, racers scrambled to get around Shannon Campbell’s stalled 4×4. The scene gets gritty as drivers run over Shannon’s car to keep going!
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race Waterfall Bypass In this HD video segment, the racers find their way out of the waterfall jam via an extreme bypass. See the video action continue at the rock wall, the scramble to get up the canyon!
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race—Shannon Campbell Rejoins the Action! In this HD video segment, Shannon Campbell finally gets his car’s engine to restart and run properly. He re-enters the race at the steep rock section of the canyon, scrambling to regain lost time and distance!
- HD Video: 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race to the Finish Line In this segment, the racers dig out of the waterfall debacle and head on to finish the course. This race is a grueling qualifier for the 2012 King of the Hammers event. Many racers believe the Stampede Ultra4 Race near Reno, Nevada, is even more challenging than the KOH.
2012 Griffin King of the Hammers Race Week 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers Race and inaugural Everyman’s Race took place at Johnson Valley, CA on February 10th. Below is extensive HD video coverage of the event week:
- 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers Race Action On February 10, 2012, the 6thannual Griffin King of the Hammers Race took place at Johnson Valley, CA. The Hammertown crowd swelled to over 20,000 spectators by race day, and the Ultra4 field of 136 cars delivered sensational, fast-action, rock crawling and desert racing. 4WD Mechanix Magazine covered the event week in HD video!
Here are two videos from the extensive series.
- Shannon Campbell Interview Series at Hammertown Shannon Campbell is a crowd favorite and the 2011 Ultra4 Champion. In this HD video interview series, Shannon shares insights into Ultra4 racing, the useful equipment, support needed and how to set up for the King of the Hammers.
There are eight (8) HD videos at this link/page!
- Brad Falin’s Duramax Diesel at the 2012 Griffin KOH RaceBradley’s Race Works entered the first Duramax diesel powered Ultra4 in the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers Race. In these HD videos, Brad Falin shares details on the car, the race challenges and prospects. Miles Kelley, co-driver, shares his vantage.
There are six (6) HD videos available at this link/page.
- 2012 Smittybilt Every Man’s Challenge Race At the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers event week, Smittybilt sponsored the inaugural Every Man’s Challenge Race on February 5th. See the race start and interviews with the Team Robby Bobby crew!
- Meet Team Robby Bobby The inaugural 2012 Every Man’s Challenge drew teams from around the U.S. One team earned a large following online, and at the 2012 Griffin King of the Hammers event week, 4WD Mechanix Magazine interviewed the crew and heard post-race reflections. See the Jeep CJ-7 race car and Team Robby Bobby up close!
HD Video: 2012 VORRA USA 500 Race HD video coverage of the second annual VORRA USA 500 Race. Starting at Fernley, Nevada, the 2012 race featured several classes of cars and top VORRA drivers. Rod Hall Racing was among the sponsors and racers.
HD Video: 2012 VORRA USA 500 Pit Action! Exclusive HD video coverage from the second annual VORRA USA 500 Race. Check point pit crew efforts can determine the outcome of a race.
2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Desert Race Videos July 16, 2011, the MasterPull USA 500 race took place at the Nevada desert. Racing from Fernley to north of Lovelock, the VORRA sanctioned course drew on the expertise of Rod Hall. Moses Ludel shot this video coverage from the start through the pitting action and eventually at the finish line!
- Video: 2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Desert Race, Part 1 In this video series, the pre-race activities at Victorian Square start off the event. This video includes tech inspection and the celebration before the race start.
- Video: 2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Desert Race, Part 2 In Part 2 of this video series, the 2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Race coverage finds us at the #1 Pit Area with the B.F. Goodrich ‘Pro Pit’ trailer. See the action in Flash video!
- Video: 2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Desert Race, Part 3 In Part 3 of the video series, the 2011 VORRA MasterPull USA 500 Desert Race reaches to the remote hills near Lovelock, Nevada. The #2 and #3 Pit Areas furnish the action!
Desert Off-Road Racing & Rock Crawling Events Videos produced by Moses Ludel, both trackside and in the pits! See off-road desert racing and rockcrawling at its best, the Stampede Race near Reno, Nevada.
- Stampede Ultra4 Race: Part 1, Tech Inspection Video Tech inspection for the September 2010 running of the Stampede Race from the Grand Sierra Resort, a close-up look at Ultra4, desert race and rock crawling technology.
- Stampede Ultra4 Race: Part 2, Start of Race Video The September 2010 Stampede Race begins at Exit 28 Motorsports Park. All of the desert and rockcrawling race vehicles are depicted in this action video.
- Stampede Ultra4 Race: Part 3, Rock Crawling Video September 11, 2010, the Stampede Ultra4 Race 4WD vehicles compete in the rock crawling section, the most challenging segment of the entire sixty-six mile race!
HD Video: B.F. Goodrich Pro Pit at the Races Behind the scenes at every off-road racing event are the pit crews. In addition to the race team crews, tire and repair crews like the Pro Pit (Yerington, Nevada based) provide vital service for the race cars. At the 2011 Stampede Ultra4 Race, the Pro Pit represented B.F. Goodrich racers. In this HD video, get insight into how this crew prepares and stocks a highly effective remote service program.
HD Video: Rob MacCachren Presentation At the 2011 Off-Road Expo, Pomona, California, Rob MacCachren was inducted into the Off-Road Hall of Fame.
Rob addresses fans at the B.F. Goodrich display area, sharing his history and lifetime achievements at off-road racing.
Video: Youth Wins Ride in 4WD Desert Race Car! 14-year-old Austin won an “E-ticket ride” in Brad Falin’s desert race car. While visiting his grandparents, he attended a bingo fundraiser for the Lyon County Search and Rescue program. His winning bingo card earned a free ride in the high powered 4WD race car.
Action Video: Tommi Ahvala Trials Motorcycle Exhibition Tommi Ahvala is a World Champion motorcycle trials rider. He provides a terrific demonstration of trials motorcycling in this video. See Tommi Ahvala perform live at the 2011 Reno Off-Road Motorsports Expo!
Whether you enjoy family four-wheeling, adventure destinations, trailering, off-road racing or hardcore rock crawling, 4WD Mechanix© Magazine’s ‘4WD Video Network’ delivers high-definition programming! Open to full-screen, 1080P quality for maximum viewing enjoyment—or for detailed close-up tutorials!
Want to discuss your technical and outdoor interests with like-minded enthusiasts? Check out the 4WD Mechanix ‘Tech and Travel’ Forums! Click here for a guest visit to the forums!